Beauty | Smokey Nudes Tutorial


Smokey eyes is the perfect look for any party. Instead of using the expected grays and silvers, try beautiful mauves and nudes! For this look, I used products from my Winter 2014 Target Beauty Box for Her.





First, prep your face the night before with my favorite night mask - Laniege Water Sleeping Mask. It has a gel like consistency and smells wonderful. It's not too strong, but rather relaxing, which is prefect for when you're about to hit the bed. I use it every night before a photoshoot, and the makeup artists always compliments on my skin! I already have a few jars of the full size (hey, got to stock up!), but the mini size in the box will be perfect for traveling with.



The key point of this look is the eyes! I used Covergirl's Eye Enhancers Kit in 286 Smokey Nudes, which consists of softly milled shadows in nude (1), mauve (2), gunmetal (3) and purple (4). All the colors were gorgeous, but I wish the color payoff would be better. Perhaps with a primer under the colors, they will pop more. However, I really do love the colors and the slight sheen!

Apply shade #1 at the center and brow bone for highlighting. Create depth with shade #2 at the inner corner and outer. Use #4 as the outer corner and blend out with #3.


Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in Black Noir goes on silky smooth and matte, almost like a gel liner. It lasted me the whole day without smudging or creasing as some eyeliners do to me! Definitely a new favorite. Even though it's a pencil rather than a liquid liner with a pointed tip, I was still able to create a cat eye shape.


L’Oreal Butterfly Intenza Mascara really lengthens and fans out my lashes, however the first application was a bit sticky. My friend suggested me to try it again after a few days when it's dried a bit. On my third try, it wasn't as sticky and really thickens the look of my lashes. The formula is great, but I don't love the comb they used - it's hard plastic, while I prefer natural bristle brushes. I do like the floral scent of it.


Moisturize your lips with the ChapStick 3-N-1 Total Hydration Lip Care in Sweet Peach. At first I thought it would have a slight peach tint, but the product is clear with a sweet peach scent. It reminds me of my favorite Peter Thomas Roth complexion pads that smells of peach bellini.

The Revlon HD Lacquer in Smoky Topaz is such a beautiful my lips but better color! The packaging is so cute with the crystal at the tip, and has a brush applicator. It goes on smooth, a bit thick and shiny but not sticky. Love the color!


Finally, give your hair some volume and shine for the final sexy touch. I used the Clairol Hair Food Thickening Hair Treatment infused with Kiwi fragrance, which can get a big strong if you use too much. However, it really smooths out my dry hair! I spray some on the roots, and blowdry my scalp for a bit of oomph to the crown.


Overall, I'm very pleased with the items in the box. It has my favorite already (Laneige mask), and allows me to try new products that I fell in love with! I'm also glad that they used more nude tones so that I can use it more often :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

follow my blog!

instagram.

Facebook.