Parisian Dreams - Destination Wedding Style Inspiration

Me modeling for a bridal makeup shoot.
I was inspired by Lover.ly to come up with my destination wedding ensemble, since many people know I just love weddings. When I studied fashion design, the June Bride was always my inspiration as I love making romantic lingerie. I would always jump at the chances of being a bridal model. Now, working as a photographer, I love shooting pre-wedding or even maternity. So of course, it got me thinking, what would I want to wear if I had a chance to travel to another country for a wedding.

I've always been drawn to the enchanting Parisian streets, palaces and more. If I could have a shot right in front of the Eiffel tower, I would faint in happiness haha


My favorite gowns are those with a mermaid silhouette as it hugs the women's curves creating an hourglass shape. One of my favorite bridal designer is Hailey Paige since all her dresses are so ethereal and dreamy, there is not one I do not like! Not only are her dresses gorgeous, she choose the perfect model - she looks like a doll!!! Anyways, back on topic! So going through Lover.ly, I saw a lot of lace mermaid shaped dresses that I was awestruck by, but the one that I ultimately fell in love with was the Kadence dress made with ivory alencon lace that's fitted and flared at the end. What made it stood apart from the other dresses I was eyeing (such as Vera Wang's, another favorite designer of mine), was the jewel encrusted necklace and crystal detachable bolero.

I love lace, I love crystals, enough said! The shape of the detachable bolero reminded me of a butterfly spread across the shoulders. It also looks like it will help support the lovely sweetheart neckline of the strapless dress, which is always a plus for girls with smaller assets. The train was long in the back, which is what I always look for, something dramatic and trailing!

Although the shoes might be hidden most of the time, I still wanted a matching crystal shoes for the times my foot peeks out. Hey you never know! The BHLDN Crystalline Heels was the perfect match to the bolero, with the beautiful crystal clusters. It's not crazy tall at 4" so it's walkable, and the straps makes it easy to walk in.

To finish it off, I would throw on the Snow Queen crown I've made with little crystal snowflakes throughout, gives it a confident look juxtaposing with the softness of the dress. It's important to me to incorporate something I've made onto my wedding day. Now imagine this ensemble on a snowy day at the Lourve, with long airy waves flowing in the wind. The snowflakes swirling around the Lourve, making it the perfect backdrop for the perfect gown.


Now of course we can't forget important details to the outfit! Since the back of the gown is pretty low, a adhesive bra is the best. I thought one with white lace would compliment in case the gown slips downwards (hey accidents happens!), it wouldn't be noticeable as the lace will blend right in! If I'm going to be walking around on a cold day, I would throw on this soft BHLDN Sadie Wrap made of feathers, another of my favorite fabrication! It's so airy and cozy, I probably wouldn't want to take it off... but then I would to show off the crystals!

Eiffel Tower photo credit, Paris street photo credit
If I travel to Paris, of course I can't just bring one dress! I would bring three to shoot around the whole city. All three would be of different silhouette and mood. The high-low cut Monique Lhuillier's Garland dress is more flirty and fun, allows a bride to show off her legs. It'll be perfect to lean against a sleek car parked in a picturesque Paris street. Whereas the Vera Wang's layered ball gown is soft, airy and dreamy, perfect for spinning around under the Eiffel tower with your soon to be husband in tow.

Play up the textures of the Garland dress by creating a side loose bun, and attaching a Emilliner Bridal Lady Feather Bridal Fascinator. The different feathers and crystals will shine under the sun. As for the Vera Wang gown, it's an elegantly simple gown which gives you a canvas to add accessories to spruce it up. Cinch in the waist with Untamed Petals' Holly beaded sash made of crystals, beads and flowers. Match it up with David's Bridal Crystal Chain Headpiece with the hair down in loose romantic waves that'll twirl with you!

Ahh, I can already imagine prancing around the streets in these beautiful gowns! What is your dream destination wedding? :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

follow my blog!

instagram.

Facebook.